HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
terrytan



Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-01-09
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 am

As of today, exchange rate is:

S$1 : 13,700vnd

from cho ben thanh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:25 pm

terrytan wrote:
As of today, exchange rate is:
S$1 : 13,700vnd
from cho ben thanh

Yeah, i got it at 13750 last Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:13 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
terrytan wrote:
As of today, exchange rate is:
S$1 : 13,700vnd
from cho ben thanh

Yeah, i got it at 13750 last Saturday.

Thanks for the update.

Good time to stock up now. It'll probably fall soon. jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 am

Vietnam devalues dong for second time in 3 months
Posted: 11 February 2010 1248 hrs

HANOI: Vietnam's central bank effectively devalued the dong for the second time in three months on Thursday amid widespread concerns over a high trade deficit and inflation.
The average interbank rate on Thursday was 18,544 dong per US dollar, against 17,941 the previous day, a fall of 3.4 per cent, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) said.
It said the decision was taken to balance supply and demand, and increase flows in the foreign exchange market "while contributing to controlling the trade deficit and stabilising the macroeconomy".
Vietnam's trade deficit reached US$ 12.2 billion last year.
The central bank maintained the 3 per cent daily trading band for buying and selling US dollars by commercial banks.
Because the band remains unchanged there was no official devaluation, a banker said, but in practice the new interbank rate means the dong loses value, "so we can say it is a devaluation".
In November the central bank effectively devalued the dong by 5.4 per cent and reduced the trading band from 5 per cent.
In its order on Thursday, the SBV also set the maximum interest rate for corporate dollar saving accounts at a maximum of 1 per cent, less than lenders had been offering.
- AFP/sc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cunt_ranger



Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 am

botarbolampar wrote:
Vietnam devalues dong for second time in 3 months
Posted: 11 February 2010 1248 hrs

HANOI: Vietnam's central bank effectively devalued the dong for the second time in three months on Thursday amid widespread concerns over a high trade deficit and inflation.
The average interbank rate on Thursday was 18,544 dong per US dollar, against 17,941 the previous day, a fall of 3.4 per cent, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) said.
It said the decision was taken to balance supply and demand, and increase flows in the foreign exchange market "while contributing to controlling the trade deficit and stabilising the macroeconomy".
Vietnam's trade deficit reached US$ 12.2 billion last year.
The central bank maintained the 3 per cent daily trading band for buying and selling US dollars by commercial banks.
Because the band remains unchanged there was no official devaluation, a banker said, but in practice the new interbank rate means the dong loses value, "so we can say it is a devaluation".
In November the central bank effectively devalued the dong by 5.4 per cent and reduced the trading band from 5 per cent.
In its order on Thursday, the SBV also set the maximum interest rate for corporate dollar saving accounts at a maximum of 1 per cent, less than lenders had been offering.
- AFP/sc

This is excellent news!!! just hope the dong will fall more and we can go there and enjoy good exchange rates for our SGD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 am

Anybody know the exchange rates for today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:21 am

I just came back from Saigon. Exchange rate S$1 to 13,375vnd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 am

botarbolampar wrote:
I just came back from Saigon. Exchange rate S$1 to 13,375vnd

Wow, went down so much.

I better go change soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cunt_ranger



Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Latest update... 1 SGD = VND 13,500
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm

cunt_ranger wrote:
Latest update... 1 SGD = VND 13,500

Thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 am

Adguy wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
Latest update... 1 SGD = VND 13,500
Thank you sir!

How I wish it will hit 14,000 vnd by mid March
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cunt_ranger



Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 am

botarbolampar wrote:
Adguy wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
Latest update... 1 SGD = VND 13,500
Thank you sir!

How I wish it will hit 14,000 vnd by mid March

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:18 am

cunt_ranger wrote:

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!

Apr = 14,000vnd
May = 15,000vnd
Jun = 16,000vnd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:20 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!

Apr = 14,000vnd
May = 15,000vnd
Jun = 16,000vnd

Yeah... then you can get a diff rate each month you are there.


Better than currency trading man Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cunt_ranger



Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:25 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!

Apr = 14,000vnd
May = 15,000vnd
Jun = 16,000vnd

Bro, if that happens, it's better than hitting 4D!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 am

cunt_ranger wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!

Apr = 14,000vnd
May = 15,000vnd
Jun = 16,000vnd

Bro, if that happens, it's better than hitting 4D!

this is toto hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon May 10, 2010 6:30 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!

Apr = 14,000vnd
May = 15,000vnd
Jun = 16,000vnd

Bro, if that happens, it's better than hitting 4D!

this is toto hahahahahahaha

Does anyone have an update on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Fri May 14, 2010 5:24 am

Adguy wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

I also wish this would happen but very unlikely! If can remain around 13,600, I will be very happy!

Apr = 14,000vnd
May = 15,000vnd
Jun = 16,000vnd

Bro, if that happens, it's better than hitting 4D!

this is toto hahahahahahaha

Does anyone have an update on this?

13,750vnd - S$1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon May 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Just returned from saigon. Exchange rates: $1 = $13,550vnd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon May 31, 2010 3:56 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
Just returned from saigon. Exchange rates: $1 = $13,550vnd

Damn... starting to fall liao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cunt_ranger



Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am

Adguy wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:
Just returned from saigon. Exchange rates: $1 = $13,550vnd

Damn... starting to fall liao.

Latest Update: S$1 = VND13,500... buon qua! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LearnViet_
Admin


Posts : 1047
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 38
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 pm

cunt_ranger wrote:


Latest Update: S$1 = VND13,500... buon qua! Crying or Very sad

Do you all think it will continue to spiral down?

Wise to buy up now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:48 am

Adguy wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

Latest Update: S$1 = VND13,500... buon qua! Crying or Very sad
Do you all think it will continue to spiral down?
Wise to buy up now?

Don't worry, we will continue to benefit. Compared to few years ago OMG VND10,000. Now, consider good already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
botarbolampar



Posts : 480
Join date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:41 am

S$1.00 = $13,600vnd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cunt_ranger



Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 pm

I think given a few more weeks, we should see SGD strengthening again... hopefully it will be before I go HCMC in mid July!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN   Today at 2:22 am

Back to top Go down
 
Updates: SGD - Dong exchange rate in VN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Central Bank confirms its quest to stabilizing the exchange rate to 1189 dinars to the dollar On: Sun 27/05/2012 7:14
» Najafi: There is a need to control the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar 27/09/2012 13:07
» Dollar exchange rate recorded its highest level over the dinar
» The exchange rates of the dollar as a result of the U.S. withdrawal and the regional situation
» Central Bank of Iraq confirms that the reserves of foreign exchange a few

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TRAVEL TO VIETNAM :: General Discussions-
Jump to: