Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LearnViet_
Admin

Location (Country) : Singapore

What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Empty
PostSubject: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 am

Just curious.

Please dun include things like 'take taxi from airport' or 'go money money changer' duh

Mine would be (in this particular order of priority):

1) Food - Must have my favourite Hu Tieu and D5 and my fav Lau at D8. Of course, the holiday would not be complete without beef steak, bun bo hue, and shells. Yummy!

2) Pool - I like someone racking the balls for me. Dun have it in Sgp.

3) Coffee - And I mean coffee shops, not coffee houses. I love those roadside places and can sit there for hours.

4) Discos - America is a must visit.

5) Cho Benh Thanh - I never buy anything there but somehow, it's part of my pilgrimage.

What's yours?
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 am

My monthly routine as follow:

1) Hug - a BIG hug and kisses awaiting me outside the airport with hundreds pair of envied eyes looking at us.

2) Countryside - Head towards the bus station and back to province.

3) Home Cooked Food - Late lunch at home prepared by my ba xa.

4) Karaoke - This is where I practise my viet songs.

5) Coopmart - To stock up my ba xa food and household supplies for the month.

Who's next?
Back to top Go down
cunt_ranger

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 pm

My Top 5:

1) Eat Pho Bo at Pasteur! This is a MUST... Singapore's Pho just can't cut it with the ORIGINAL taste!

2) Drinking session at Napoly!!! My fave bar... all my good friends are there and this place feels like a second home to me as the manager and the senior serving staff know me very well!

3) Disco at America... nothing comes close... the best in HCMC!

4) Karaoke with bx and all my good friends in HCMC!

5) Wash hair and massage at Le Anh Xuan! Damn relaxing and cheap way to spend 2 hours...
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:15 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
My monthly routine as follow:

1) Hug - a BIG hug and kisses awaiting me outside the airport with hundreds pair of envied eyes looking at us.

Dude... they are envious of you, not her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:16 pm

cunt_ranger wrote:
My Top 5:

2) Drinking session at Napoly!!! My fave bar... all my good friends are there and this place feels like a second home to me as the manager and the senior serving staff know me very well!

Where's this place? Need to find good friends too Laughing
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 am

Adguy wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
My Top 5:

Singaporean there nhieu waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
cunt_ranger

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 am

botarbolampar wrote:
Adguy wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
My Top 5:

Singaporean there nhieu waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah... Napoly many Singaporean but still good fun!!! Anyway, it is at 7 Pham Ngoc Thach... nice place to hang around and listen to live band music... the band there is pretty good and can chit chat and disturb the waitress there who are like sisters to me!!! hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
jackbl

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:52 pm

cunt_ranger wrote:
Anyway, it is at 7 Pham Ngoc Thach... nice place to hang around and listen to live band music... the band there is pretty good and can chit chat and disturb the waitress there who are like sisters to me!!! hahahahahaha

I haven't been there before but from the address, it should be very very near to SAO cafe at 5 Pham Ngoc Thach. Also walking distant from DIAMOND PLAZA. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:03 am

jackbl wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:
Anyway, it is at 7 Pham Ngoc Thach... nice place to hang around and listen to live band music... the band there is pretty good and can chit chat and disturb the waitress there who are like sisters to me!!! hahahahahaha

I haven't been there before but from the address, it should be very very near to SAO cafe at 5 Pham Ngoc Thach. Also walking distant from DIAMOND PLAZA. Very Happy

YES you're right. Last year, I was told, someone bought over this building and going to have a major A&A or re-development plan there.

But, now it is still there. ??????
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:34 am

botarbolampar wrote:
jackbl wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

YES you're right. Last year, I was told, someone bought over this building and going to have a major A&A or re-development plan there.

Looks like someone xao nhieu nhieu u again. kekeke
Back to top Go down
cunt_ranger

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Adguy wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:
jackbl wrote:
cunt_ranger wrote:

Looks like someone xao nhieu nhieu u again. kekeke

Rumours have been building up around this place... but as we stand, Napoly and Sao Cafe is still there... had a great drinking session when I was there as usual!!! hehehehehe Cool
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 am

How is next?????? 5 Must Do Things In HCMC
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:07 am

Any other recommendations from anyone who has been to hcmc or is living in hcmc?

Do share with our friends who may be planning a trip.
Back to top Go down
seahorseviet

Location (Country) : United States

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:48 am

my top 1 priority after the usual duty (go greet all family and relatives, etc.) is to go to the countryside and spend a good long day just wandering around rice field and garden doing nothing (maybe buy up loads of fruits to eat later)

they don't have that in the big cities in the US
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 am

seahorseviet wrote:
my top 1 priority after the usual duty (go greet all family and relatives, etc.) is to go to the countryside and spend a good long day just wandering around rice field and garden doing nothing (maybe buy up loads of fruits to eat later)

they don't have that in the big cities in the US

You are Vietnamese American?
Back to top Go down
seahorseviet

Location (Country) : United States

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm

no, I'm Vietnamese

I went to the US to study and haven't been back home for a few years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?   What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your 5 must-dos when you visit Vietnam?
Page 1 of 1