Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Having a ba xa in Vietnam

Go down 
+11
sosltd
bornfree
apollo2008
miua55555
jackbl
terrytan
Thom07
hero619
LearnViet_
cunt_ranger
botarbolampar
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bornfree

Location (Country) : bornfree

Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: hiccup in spore immigration   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I have similar experience before. my Gf for Vn was question , thumb print when she came to Spore together with me on her 3rd visit,We both took Jetstar flight home. I was prepared and teach her to tell the officer to call me.after clearing custom I waited for about 30 mins and she was held up.
finally the officer call me and I explain to them we are on biz trip. finally they release her.I told them she will be staying at my home.
it very humilating the way they treat Vn girl.
BTw my Gf is 20 year younger than me. I am old man
she speak broken english.I have know her for 2 years and I will be returning to Spore in 2-3 months time. I have been working here for 3 years. My contract with my company will expired by them.
sometime feel sad that I will be leaving Vn , not sure about future plan..
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

Location (Country) : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:29 am

Teaching your ba xa what to say and all that is very subjective.

As long she has a record here... saying anything won't help.
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:32 am

Adguy wrote:
Teaching your ba xa what to say and all that is very subjective.
As long she has a record here... saying anything won't help.

Because of all these stupid act.
My ba xa swear never to step into this sillypore again.
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:15 pm

botarbolampar wrote:

Good for her and great for you. Then you can visit Vn more often Very Happy
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:28 am

Adguy wrote:
botarbolampar wrote:

Good for her and great for you. Then you can visit Vn more often Very Happy

That's the way ah ha ah ha, I like it ah ha ah ha. Razz
Back to top Go down
miua55555

miua55555

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Adguy wrote:
miua55555 wrote:
But a lot of things in Vietnam are also not that cheap as compared to Singapore.

What is you guys' limit/budget to how much to support your ba xa per month?

Things are actually very cheap in Vn. You just need to know how to find them.

On an average, a family can survive comfortably on 1k sgd a month.

Depending on your bx's financial situation, and your own, you can decide which percent of that 1k sgd you wish to contribute.

Apart from the monthly allowance, there will also be the occasional buying of motor, renovating the house a little, bx's family coming to sgp, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks boss.

What is the cheapest way(lowest commission sucked) to send money to vietnam, beside using western union ?

Thanks... bounce
Back to top Go down
sosltd

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:47 pm

~~~ Post Deleted ~~~

Last edited by sosltd on Thu May 13, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:19 am

sosltd wrote:

I have another friend who does this... He open a POSB account here and pass his girl's the ATM card. Daily, he only maintain the minimum balance to keep the account alive. Then, when it's "payday time" (well, payday to both my friend and his girl... LOL!!!), he will just deposit the "salary" here and his girl withdraw the money from VN. Quite hasslefree, I would say.

HTH.

This is a good idea. I believe there's a charge imposed for every withdrawal. I think it's 50k dong. But do note that you'll lose out on the exchange rate if you do this because it's based on bank's rate which can be significantly lower than market rate.
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:49 am

Going to open up a can of worms with this this post.

Just something that struck me when someone told me... you marry the family when you marry the girl.

Of coz, it's perfectly fine when you give your girl's family some allowances if they are not well off.

Thing is, I've heard of horror stories when the family decides to renovate the whole house and then just pass on the bill.

Anyone ever encountered something like this?

Great thing that my BXs mum said upfront to me that she does not expect me to support the family. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
miua55555

miua55555

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:43 am

I heard of that tales too, which can be quite true to a large extent.

I am also glad that my baxa ask me to take care of her financially only bit by bit (few hundred SGD), while she earn and take care her own family financially instead.
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm

What do you think about Vietnamese wife?
1 Year, 6 Months ago
I and my boyfriend are planing for wedding. Things are going well and someone sent him a link

www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader2272.htm

This really make me stress.

He and I have loved each other in 2 years and I am confident in economic, I never used or touched any money of him and I never had thoughts that I love him for any advantage. I am having very good life in VN, just because I love him and think for our family in future so I decided move to USA with him after wedding.

For now, this link and what people around him told about vietnamese woman makes him confusing and look like want to protect himself. He wants me to make a prenuptial agreement and want me to sign it with contents that will not disappear or divorce, if it is, I will be asked back VN and never come back USA. I think I love him and I can sign it, but when I go to there and dedicate my life for him but he can act to me without love and romance like this.

What do you think?

What should I do in this case?

I really love him.
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Normally while you're walking down the street of Saigon.
Do you notice that nobody carry an umbrella.
Why? Arrow

Because, most vietnamese ride a motorbike.
Umbrella factory closed down roi.

Kekekekekeke Arrow
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 am

botarbolampar wrote:
Normally while you're walking down the street of Saigon.
Do you notice that nobody carry an umbrella.
Why? Arrow

Because, most vietnamese ride a motorbike.
Umbrella factory closed down roi.

Kekekekekeke Arrow

Damn cold kekeke Razz
Back to top Go down
cunt_ranger

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:49 am

Just to share something with bros here.

My bx has been successful in coming into Singapore for 2 times already and so far she never got tumbprinted or any stoopid and unnecessary procedures imposed on her. In her VN Ho Chieu, there is a back page where they can write their address and overseas address in pencil and she just wrote my home address as the overseas address. Also, on the immigration card (white card) she will write my home address as the address in Singapore. Normally she will stay for about 1 week for each visit to Singapore.

In her most recent visit, the immigration officer did ask her whose address is it that she wrote on the immigration card and she just replied them "it's my boyfriend's address". They ask for my contact no. and she just gave them my mobile no. and they let her pass without any further questioning.

So I think maybe writing an actual residential address on the address column might help to ease the immigration procedure as the authorities might not want them to be in Singapore without staying in a proper residence? Also, people with proper residence address written might be seen as more proper visitors who are not here to work illegally?

So far so good and hope this continues!
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:30 am

cunt_ranger wrote:

So far so good and hope this continues!

I'm sure it will be.

Btw, this thread is still going strong. It's the first thread to garner 1,000 page views.

1,2,3 dzo to all BXs!!!
Back to top Go down
kia123

Location (Country) : kia

PostSubject: singaporean with vietnam wife   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 am

Hi, i hv a viet gf staying in hmch district 8 , intent to marry her next year, and retire in vietnam if possible. can anyone tell me is it possible for foreigners to buy house in vietnam (hmch) with vietnamese wife ? thanks in advance !
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 am

kia123 wrote:
Hi, i hv a viet gf staying in hmch district 8 , intent to marry her next year, and retire in vietnam if possible. can anyone tell me is it possible for foreigners to buy house in vietnam (hmch) with vietnamese wife ? thanks in advance !

Foreigner to own property in vietnam very troublesome. The law keep changing.

http://en.metvuong.com/thongtin/8729_Foreigner-property-ownership-law-changed-again.html
Back to top Go down
jay84

Location (Country) : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:23 pm

sorry ah , just hijack the thread abit .. i want to know if a Vietnamese gal (knows english) (degree holder in their country) , if she come travel here for holiday will she encounter the usual things like being stopped to enter Singapore all these ? cos she has never been to Singapore ... asking on behalf iof my friend cos she is planning to come in Oct.. i am not sure if i can like somehow guarantor her in a way like that .. will it be fine for me to book the air ticket using my name so that the procedure will be easy for her to come in singapore ?
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:56 am

jay84 wrote:
sorry ah , just hijack the thread abit .. i want to know if a Vietnamese gal (knows english) (degree holder in their country) , if she come travel here for holiday will she encounter the usual things like being stopped to enter Singapore all these ? cos she has never been to Singapore ... asking on behalf iof my friend cos she is planning to come in Oct.. i am not sure if i can like somehow guarantor her in a way like that .. will it be fine for me to book the air ticket using my name so that the procedure will be easy for her to come in singapore ?

IMO it all depend on the chop passport officer. Ask her to bring some cash ($2000) with her. To show that she is coming here for a shopping holiday. If she have visa card will be better. She also need to show her return air-ticket to prove that she is here for a short trip. If she is allow to use your name and address will be the best.
Back to top Go down
mai4ever

mai4ever

Location (Country) : Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:03 am

Haha... reading this topic is pretty cool.
Coz I'm Vietnamese girl and you guys here are talking about us Very Happy
I'm happy that all things about us are pretty good in your views.
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 am

mai4ever wrote:

People are people no matter where you are.

There are good and bad in any country, so I won't said that ALL Vietnamese girls are good or ALL Vietnamese girls are bad.

But I suppose many of the guys in this forum like Vietnamese women enough to want to make a thread out of it. Haha.

By the way, this is the most popular thread in the forum.
Back to top Go down
botarbolampar

botarbolampar

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 am

Adguy wrote:
mai4ever wrote:

There are good and bad in any country, so I won't said that ALL Vietnamese girls are good or ALL Vietnamese girls are bad.
But I suppose many of the guys in this forum like Vietnamese women enough to want to make a thread out of it. Haha.

All are good, some may be better. But what a coincidence, I met the BEST. Hahahahahahaha that's my ba xa.
Back to top Go down
mai4ever

mai4ever

Location (Country) : Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 am

botarbolampar wrote:

All are good, some may be better. But what a coincidence, I met the BEST. Hahahahahahaha that's my ba xa.

Haha.... I have nothing to say. Congratulation both of you :"> Razz
Back to top Go down
cunt_ranger

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:57 pm

botarbolampar wrote:
Adguy wrote:
mai4ever wrote:

Anh hanh phuc qua!
Back to top Go down
LearnViet_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 am

Cung giong nhu a ma. Same same you. Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having a ba xa in Vietnam   Having a ba xa in Vietnam - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having a ba xa in Vietnam
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next